Thursday, February 6, 2014

Candle wax where you at?

I have always wondered where the wax from a candle goes when it is burned. In my room I am always reluctant to light my candles because the wax just disappears and in not time i have to get a new candle. So whenever there is a sale i am tempted to by like 14 because i know the candle wax will diminish if and when i burn it. I searched this up on the compute and i found out that the Wax burns into water and carbon dioxide which are bot omitted to the air around the candle. Wax is made of hydrogen and carbon atoms that are linked together. The heat vaporizes the wax and then it reacts with the oxygen and poof its gone. No wonder..... But this does relate to chemistry because it talks about hydrogen and oxygen bonds and how they can diminish under the right circumstances. 

   




http://chemistry.about.com/od/howthingsworkfaqs/f/candlewax.htm

2 comments: