Thursday, January 9, 2014

Don't you (Acid ) Rain on my parade!

Acid rain is very dangerous to the environment. It prevents plants from growing properly. The most common things that cause acid rain are exhaust from cars and trucks and factories. The fumes contain sulfur and nitrogen oxides and they react with moisture from the air and they create sulfuric and nitrite acid in the air. Scientists are trying to reduce the amount of sulfur that is released into the air by burning  limestone in the factories and that reduces the sulfur oxide that is emitted into the air.This is related to chemistry becuase it taught me how acid rain is formed in the air and it deals with a lot elements that are in air.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! I love your post title!!!!! :) Follow my chemistry blog @ TFLstar89.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete